Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
4Beyond Meat Burgers
1cupsCucumber, thinly sliced
1cupsPurple Cabbage, thinly sliced
1⁄2cupsGreen Onion, thinly sliced
1⁄2cupsRed Onion, thinly sliced
3tbspApple Cider Vinegar
2tbspJalapeno, thinly sliced
2tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
Sesame Seeds, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 33g||42%|
|Saturated Fat: 7g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 93g||34%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|
- Cook rice using the directions on the bag.
- Mix teriyaki, olive oil and garlic. Place Beyond Burgers in sauce to soak.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber slices with the sugar and salt and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and onion and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place cooked rice into a large mixing bowl and add green onions (sesame seeds, optional). Mixed together. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes. Thinly slice cabbage. Set aside.
- Mix together mayonnaise, sriracha and jalapenos to create a spicy mayo sauce. Set sauce aside.
- Once rice is just warm to the touch, begin forming a rice bun using a measuring cup (½ to ¾ cup preferred) and food wrap. Place food wrap in the measuring cup and then add rice until you have your desired bun thickness. Lift food wrap up to eject rice bun. Move bun onto a non-stick pan and cook on low to medium heat until the top of the bun is lightly crusted. Repeat this for the rest of the rice buns.
- Begin cooking the Beyond Burgers in a non-stick pan with sauce until they are fully cooked.
- Spread spicy mayo on the rice buns and layer jalapenos. Place a layer of purple cabbage, then the Beyond Burger, and top with the cucumber mixture. Cover with rice bun.
- Pro Tip: Wrap the burger with the non-stick baking paper so that you can catch it if anything drops.