Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
15oztofu, firm, patted dry, large cubes
1cupsgreen onion, thinly sliced, greens and whites separated
3tbspavocado oil, 2 tbsp reserved
3tbspginger, grated, 1 tbsp reserved
3tbspsesame oil, 2 tbsp reserved
Sesame seeds, for garnish
Green onion, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 36g||46%|
|Saturated Fat: 5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 73g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, rice, seasoning packet, 1 Tbsp sesame oil, and 1 Tbsp grated ginger. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and add broccoli florets and the white slices of green onion to a lined sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp avocado oil and salt to taste. Bake for 20 mins.
- In a large sauté pan, add 2 Tbsp avocado oil and 1 Tbsp sesame oil over medium heat. Add tofu and stir occasionally to prevent from sticking. Sauté for 15 mins or until all sides are golden brown.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, tamari, sambal, ginger, sesame oil, and lime juice. Add to sauté pan and stir until tofu is coated in sauce, about 3 mins.
- For each serving, measure about 1 cup of rice. Layer with roasted broccoli and top with tofu and sauce. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!