Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
2small acorn squashes, halved horizontally, seeds removed
Salt and pepper
1⁄2medium sized onion, finely diced
1clove of garlic, minced
1 3⁄4cupslow sodium vegetable broth
1⁄3cupsdried sweetened cranberries
1⁄4cupstoasted sliced almonds
Parsley, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat: 1.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 69g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber: 8g||29%|
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat cut sides of the acorn squash lightly with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast cut side down for about 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
- While squash roasts, heat olive oil in a medium sized sauce pan, over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until pieces are slightly browned. Add the garlic, herbs, and rice, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the dried cranberries and the vegetable stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling reduces heat to low, cover and simmer for 32 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, keep covered, and steam for 10 minutes.
- Once squash is tender remove from the oven and flip over. Divide quinoa evenly amongst the 4 squash.
- Garnish with toasted sliced almonds and parsley sprigs. Enjoy!