Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1 3⁄4cupsWater or Vegetable Stock
4Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed, rinsed, dried
15ozBlack Beans, canned, drained
1cupsPoblano Peppers or Green Bell Peppers, diced
1⁄2cupsGreen Onions, sliced
1⁄4cupsShredded Cheese or Shredded Vegan Cheese
1Avocado, smashed, divided into 4 servings
Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt, to taste
Cilantro, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat: 3.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 95g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber: 17g||61%|
- Add 1 cup of Lundberg Family Farms Organic Short Grain Brown and 1 ¾ cups of water or vegetable stock to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low-simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Scrub, rinse and dry whole sweet potatoes. Coat with olive oil, salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour or until an inserted knife provides little to no resistance.
- In a small saucepan, heat the beans on medium heat for 5 mins or until completed heated through.
- Make a cut down the middle of each sweet potato, opening each sweet potato and scraping out approximately half of the sweet potato flesh. Mix flesh with pinto beans.
- Arrange ingredients and enjoy!