Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
3cupsButternut Squash, cubed
2cupsGranny Smith Apples, diced
24ozApplegate Organics Chicken & Apple Sausage, sliced
1cupsYellow Onion, diced
1⁄4cupsChicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
2tbspExtra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp. reserved
1tbspThyme, fresh, chopped
2tspRosemary, fresh, chopped
Sea Salt to taste
Butter or Vegan Butter for greasing baking dish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat: 3.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6g||21%|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine water and Lundberg Wild Blend® Rice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cover. Cook 50 minutes. Remove from heat and steam for 10 minutes with lid on. Stir in parsley and add to a large bowl.
- Add squash to a lined baking sheet and drizzle with reserved olive oil. Season with sea salt to taste and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add to the cooked rice.
- In a large sauté pan, add remaining olive oil and sausage. Sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add onions and garlic, and sauté for an additional 5 minutes. Add to the rice and squash mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients, except walnuts, to the bowl. Fold to incorporate thoroughly. Add to greased 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Top with walnuts and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes covered, and broil uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy!