Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1cupsbrown sugar, packed
1 1⁄4cupscup milk
2eggs, lightly beaten
3ozsoftened cream cheese
2tbspcrushed pineapple, drained
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat: 3g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 59g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|
- Bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add Lundberg Quick Wild Rice, cover, reduce heat to a fast simmer and cook 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes. Drain off excess water.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare 9 X 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together thoroughly flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and brown sugar. Add cooked wild rice to flour mixture and toss to coat kernels.
- In a separate bowl blend together eggs, milk, and oil; add grated carrots, then fold in dry ingredients. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter in prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, approximately 1 hour + 15 minutes. Let cool in pan 10-15 minutes on a rack. It should slide out easily. If not, let cool a few more minutes. Unmold and cool completely. Carefully trim sides before icing loaf.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and drained pineapple. Add more powdered sugar to make a thicker icing, if necessary. Cover top of loaf and allow to dribble down the sides. To make it easier to slice, you may refrigerate loaf before slicing.
- If making muffins, divide evenly between 24 paper muffin cup-lined muffin cups. Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes. Remove muffins from trays and cool on a rack. Ice when cooled.